Forwarding calls from Dialpad to Numa requires turning on a free "secret" Dialpad feature known as "External Forwarding."
Turn on External Forwarding
- Start a chat with Dialpad's support team at Dialpad.com, or otherwise contact your Dialpad representative
- Tell your Dialpad support contact, "I want to have External Forwarding turned on in my account as one of my Fallback Options"
- Dialpad should be able to turn on this feature at no cost.
Once Dialpad makes External Forwarding available on your account, integrating Numa is easy.
Add Numa as a fallback option in Dialpad
- Sign into your Dialpad admin dashboard
- Within your business's existing routing options, update your Fallback Options to send missed calls to the call forwarding number provided to you by Numa
- Many businesses have set up Dialpad to have different routing rules during business hours vs. after business hours. Make sure Numa has been added as a fallback to both
Note: You can modify this pattern to insert Numa into your Dialpad phone tree anywhere you wish. For example, Numa can be added as an option within an automated menu, or as a separate fallback for each Department in your business.
How to Confirm It's Working
Call your business's phone number from your personal phone. If nobody answers, you should hear your Numa Voicemail greeting.
Make sure that the Numa call forwarding number is added to your business's routing options and that no other Operator, voicemail system, or routing rule in Dialpad is pre-empting Numa.
Many businesses set up Dialpad to have different routing rules during business hours vs. after business hours. Make sure Numa has been added as a fallback to both.
If you don't see the option to add a phone number as a fallback option, contact Dialpad and make sure "External Forwarding" has been enabled on your account. Dialpad support should be able to walk you through how to configure your account to forward to an external forwarding number.
No matter what, don't hesitate to contact Numa support! We'll happily work with you and your service provider to get you all set up.